Plans for WP6 200909
Grid & WebServices
Continue to collaborate with international partners on IVOA specifications.
Version 1.0 of the Credential Delegation Protocol
is in PR.
Draft version of the IVOA Support Interfaces (VOSI)
will be discussed at the IVOA interop.
REST Best practice
- Finalization for Garching Interop
- VOSpace 2.x in discussion, aiming to have draft ready for IVOA interop
- AstroGrid and CDS working together to share code libraries and expertise
- AstroGrid SecurityGuard library
- CDS expertise on iRODS .
- VOSpace prototyping of version 2.0 (first example expected for next Interop)
- Work with Dave Morris : iRODS/VOSpace use cases in the UK
- AstroGrid are currently replacing the existing MySpace services with VOSpace 1.5 services.
- Both CDS and AstroGrid plan to implement VOSpace 2.0 once the specification has been agreed.
- Continue to facilitate the transition from PLASTIC to SAMP.
- Request for feedback - Is SAMP this being used for real work by astronomers? Any information or anecdotes appreciated.
- Packaging and publishing of the CDS IDL toolkit enabling SAMP messages sending.
VOTable, VOEvent and OGF Astro-RG
VOTable IVOA working group is lead by F. Ochsenbein. VOTable 1.2 to go to PR soon
- SAVOT 3.0 publishing when VOTable 1.2 in recommendation status
VOEvent and Astro-RG
- Work Team Coordinator position still vacant
- Still need to develop and publish plan
- Becoming more urgent
Continue to collaborate with international partners to:
- Test for checking if SimDB contains all the classes also for micro-sim.(Carlos&Miguel/Mirelle) ? Next Interop.?;
- 1st note of SimDAP;
- S3 Protocol note;
- Other implemantations using VisIVOServer and VisIVOWeb;
- Prototype VOTable to test with VisIVO;
- SAMPify VisIVOServer .
- Continue pushing WDs and PRs through the process, in order :
- RI / VODataService / VOStandard / service extensions
- Further important Curation Tools efforts and development
- Further prototype Query / Result replacements for ADQL/x
- Research and prototype easier interface for Resource registration
24 Sep 2009