EuroVO-AIDA, Work Package 6: Evolution of VObs interoperability standards
Joint Research Activity
Contact person: (UEDIN)
- To decide what technical standards and protocols are required for Euro-VO
- To bring forward these requirements to the IVOA
- To develop drafts of these standards
- To develop prototype software implementing the draft standards
- To make all possible effort to conclude international agreement on the necessary standards
- To ensure that deployments within Euro-VO are compatible with IVOA standards.
Description of work
- (1) Formulation of requirements and the technical plan. This takes input from other parts of Euro-VO, and formulates a plan which is used by all other parts, especially WP7-JRA2 and WP8-JRA3
- (2) Participation in IVOA Working Groups. This includes co-ordinating our plan with the IVOA roadmap; producing draft standards; attending IVOA meetings and telecoms; and reporting of IVOA progress to Euro-VO
- (3) Development of software prototypes. Draft standards will be tested by developing and deploying software prototypes which implement those standards (e.g. tools, dataset access). We will also develop recommendations for Euro-VO partners on construction of actual working infrastructure components which are compliant with VO standards
JRA1 is led by UEDIN, with large contributions by CNRS, ESA, and INAF, and minor contributions by other partners. Note that standards and protocols specifically relating to data access are undertaken mostly in JRA2, but with cross-link to JRA1. The bulk technical work on IVOA standards is undertaken in JRA1 and JRA2, but the co-operation between partners is a networking activity undertaken in WP2-3 (EuroVO-AIDA Technology Forums
) and in WP2-4 (networking with the other members of the IVOA).
A break-down of the scope together with the composition and focus of the Work Teams employed in the activities of WP6 can be found here
- D6.1 (Month 15 - April 2009, UEDIN and other WP6 participants): WP6-JRA1 Intermediate report and associated prototypes.
- D6.2 (Month 27 - April 2010, UEDIN and other WP6 participants): WP6-JRA1 Finalreport and associated prototypes
Templates for EuroVO-AIDA deliverables are available here
- 21 Feb 2008
- 12 Oct 2009